Friday, November 2, 2007

2nd Coming Christ Ahn Sahng Hong

I was driving and I got this phone call. Well a number I thought was my boyfriend calling. The radio was playing and I sang along “God sent me an angel from the heavens above...” (My favorite song) Just then I picked up the phone and heard a friendly voice. A friend of my boyfriends, who had been inviting us to come to his church for a long time now. Again I thought, but then again who is passionate about the bible now a days? Even though we go to the same Presbyterian Church since I was a kid. But somehow I just don’t feel right, most of the time. My pastor talks about things that are supposed to make us feel good. But what is the point in believing in God?

I thought it was to repent and receive salvation. “For you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls” (1 peter 1:9) I’m such a sinner, and all I have to do is pray and say I’m sorry? According to Pastor that’s it but there has to be more!!! Well I feel so confused! Today I went to talk to him and all he kept showing me was this verse: “for, everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10:13). How can I know God 100%? God is my father why do I feel so far from him?

Well at my attempt to go “soul searching”, God found me! Once I stepped foot in Church of God World Misson Socitey… I felt at home. I got shocked who studies the bible like this? There is NO way anyone can know the bible or study it so in depth. I had to ask, how do you know everything through the bible? “Because Christ Ahnsahnghong taught us!” my friend answered back.

What!!!!!!! And then I saw for myself: “So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time not to bear sin but to bring salvation” (Hebrews 9:28). Christ MUST appear to bring salvation. Then whoever brings salvation must be 2nd coming Christ!

2 comments:

Seraphin of Sarah said...

It is so true I always thought to myself there has got to be more to beliving in God than those fortune cookie verses like john 3:16 and romans 10:9 I understand I have to believe and have faith but how? To believe God is to believe in the bible Gods word and to follow his commands no matter what the world says. If you are right in Gods eyes thats all that matters. Wow im so happy that now I can truly understand God thats in the bible.

CherubAngel said...

your not the only one who was in this situation..whenever i went to church they used to tell me to let the Pastor pray for me and I would accept Jesus Christ into my life and be forgiven. But i felt no difference.When I came to Church of God I sawin Mt 26:26 the Passover is the only way to eat Jesus's body and blood for forgiveness of sins.This time I truly felt God was in this church. Christ AhnSahngHong brought the Passover, the only way to receive the forgiveness of sins. Then
He is truly God.